Coverage from Aspen especially designed for Attorneys.
• Professional services as an administrator, executor, trustee or title agent incidental to a firm’s practice of law; notary public, arbitrator or mediator; a hearing officer or lobbyist.
• Professional services performed on behalf of the Named Insured by Of Counsel and independent contractors.
• Authorship and bar association services.
• Personal injury coverage for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, malicious prosecution and other non-bodily injury damages.
• Supplemental Payments Coverage includes:
Loss of Earnings Coverage up to $500 per day, $10,000 per claim and $30,000 per policy period.
Disciplinary Defense Reimbursement up to $30,000 per disciplinary action and $60,000 per policy period.
Security Incident Response Reimbursement up to $10,000 per security incident and $25,000 per policy period for certain response expenses resulting from unauthorized access to your system.
Subpoena Expenses subject to a $25,000 limit per policy period.
Non-Profit Directors and Officers Coverage up to $10,000 per policy period.
• Professional liability limits of liability of $100,000/$300,000 to $5,000,000*
• Retentions start as low as $1000 and up to $100,000 for qualifying firms
*Liability options vary by state and territory
• Deductible reimbursement or credit of 50% for claims settled within one (1) year following the date reported in writing reported, up to $10,000 per claim and $25,000 per policy period.
• 30 day claim grace period for reporting claims made against your firm within 30 days after the expiration of the policy period.
• Extended Reporting Periods (ERPs)
• Limit Reinstatement if a renewal offer is made, but not accepted by the firm based on number of years insured.
No additional premium for the following:
• Seven (7) Year Retirement ERP if at least 55 years old and insured for at least three (3) consecutive policy periods.
• Seven (7) Year Death & Disability ERP.
• We will not settle a claim without your consent.
• Worldwide coverage provided the claim is made in the United States, its territories or possessions, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
• Prior acts coverage may be available subject to underwriting review.
• Peace of mind knowing that you can count on outstanding service provided by professionals devoted exclusively to Lawyers Professional Liability Coverage
• Aspen American Insurance Company rated ‘A’ (Excellent) by A.M. Best
• LPP® underwriters dedicated exclusively to Lawyers Professional Liability coverage
• LPP’s in-house Claim Department led by lawyers
• Risk management offered by recognized leaders in continuing legal education